Friday, March 6, 2009

Meeting with my Pastor

Had a real good meeting yesterday with my Pastor. Recently I have taken the lead of the 1st Impression Ministry at our Church. I am real excited to take on this important mission. I want people that visit our Church to be "WOWed" when they pull into the parking lot and "WOWed" again as they come into the Welcome Center and then "WOWed" even more when they step into the Auditorium. I have no doubt that if I do my job managing the 1st Impressions Team so that Pastor Chris can concentrate alittle bit more on his message and less on trying to found out who is suppose to be helping with the front door or who is suppose to working in the Welcome Center than guest as well as regular members will benefit the most. Benefit by hearing the Message that Christ loves us and only wants us to come to him and have that personal relationship that he offers us.
The Meeting was about me coming to him with some of my ideas and suggestions as to how we can make the 1st Impressions Team every bit the "WOW" that it should be. We have a great congregation with some Awesome people. Pastor Chris also set down his Vision for the 1st Impressions and it is a simple one. "We are in our position on Sunday morning for 1 reason and 1 reason only that is so that people will come and hear the Message "Christ Loves Us". What better reason is there to be holding that door open for someone or walking them from their car to the door with a umbrella when it is raining. I don't know but I can't think of a better reason.
If you read my blog at all, come back cause changes are going to be coming. Small at 1st but important. As the weeks go by look around the Church you will see some of the things that Pastor Chris and I have talked about. If you are on the 1st Impressions Team with me, I will be calling and email and texting everyone so we can get together as a Team and we are going to really getting ramped up to do a great job. Strap yourself in, cause it going to be a fun ride. You won't want to miss it. As a matter of fact if you know someone that might be interested in joining the 1st Impressions Team let me know or have them contact me or Pastor Chris. The Church is growing and we have alot of people that are looking at how they can fit in. If you are on the 1st Impressions Team let them know that we have the best Ministry in the World and that we would be happy to have them join us. If it has been awhile since you have worked with 1st Impression and you want to see how you can help out, give me a shout or come see me on Sunday.

No comments: