Monday, March 9, 2009

Busy Weekend

Wow it is Monday morning already. Seems like the weekend just flew by. Saturday morning went to Church for our once a month "Fuel" meeting, normally this is a meeting for all the volunteers to get some face time with Pastor Chris and gain some knowledge and some leadership pointers that will make us all the better people to share the Gospel with the different people that come into sphere of influence. Though this months meeting was really set up to go over some details for the Charleston Egg Drop that is coming up on April 11th.

Saturday afternoon and evening we went to some friends Joe and Vicki for a cookout and a evening of spirited game of Domino's. The food was great of course Susan out did herself with her Secret Family Recipe on the Baked Beans and the Deviled Eggs and Joe and Vicki put some burgers on the grill that were incredible both in flavor and in size. Some more friends Bryan and Suzie brought over some potato salad and macaroni salad, along with some great deserts. We were there till about 930pm but that really was 1030pm if you rotate the clocks, and unfortunately I had to do the forecast for Palmer Station which needs to be sent to them no later than 6am our time and then the ship forecast for the 2 United States Antarctic Program Research Vessels.

Sunday morning came Susan got up early and fixed us a great breakfast (pancakes, eggs and bacon) topped that off with a good pot of coffee and I was whistling all morning long. She did all this before church. I have incredible wife!!! Church was great. Pastor Chris spoke about the incredible love Jesus showed us all while be brutally murdered on the Cross. How great was he that at the very moment that he was be tortured by unbelievable means that at that very moment he was still able to forgive us. Pastor Chris you did a great job speaking about it. If you ever want to hear about Jesus and what he has in-store for us, just come to my Church you will hear about it from a very passionate person.

Susan went back to Church Sunday evening to teach the Dave Ramsey Lesson, let me tell you my wife is all over the volunteer deal, she volunteers with the Children's Ministry, she is an incredible help to me with the 1st Impressions Ministry, both as one of our greeters or working with some great volunteers that help by making coffee and having snacks out for our guest at Church, plus for the last 5 or 6 weeks she has been running the Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University that our Church puts together in the evening hours. She does all this while working 40+hours at her work at Caterpillar near Jedburg, and most importantly taking care of me. I thank God each day for her. I love you Susan. Oh by the way babe, I have started calling different Insurance companies to compare prices and service. She gave me that job Only 6 days ago and am all ready on it ;-) and I have called Dish Network.

I was reading The Post and Courier this morning. Right on the Front page a story caught my eye, and am trying to decide how this news affects me. The banner of the story is "More people say they have no religion". What am not sure about it that since I attend a non-denominational Christian Church does that mean I don't have "RELIGION" I know that am a Christian, that meaning that I believe that Jesus Christ came to earth as a man to teach us a way of life and more importantly came so that he may die to give us a chance at "Everlasting Life" but does that mean I don't have religion.... hmmmm. I will have ponder that. For the time being I will allow myself to say that I have my "FAITH" and that I will risk not having "RELIGION".

I was also reading some news online and came across this story Click on this link "Pimp this Bum" I know that this at the very least will really get tongues a wagging as to whether this is a good thing or bad. If you have a change take a look at it. I know am going to keep up with this story.

No comments: