Sunday, March 16, 2008

Changes and Ecclesiastes 3:1

Changes, and more changes. The fact that I have 47+ years on this earth I don't worry or wonder too long on why things have to change. I don' t know I would like to think that it is the fact that am getting more WISE or is it just am so overwhelmed with the daily things that just keep coming at me.
Several changes have been going on in my Church, Coastal Community Church and I don't fully understand them all. I accept that people will come and people will go, but with the loss of some of these young friends I feel another deeper loss, almost as if a member of my family has moved away and I don't know when am going to see them again. Am not sure why they felt like they needed to go, but am sure they had their reasons. I sure hope it wasn't anything I did or anything that I didn't do. Did I not spend enough time getting to know them or did I not invest enough time with them. Will they miss my wife and I as much as we will miss them. I don't know if we will find out. The fact that am older then these young people I feel as if I may have let them down, not that anything was expected of me, but maybe if I had taken more time and gave them a little extra attention then they wouldn't have felt a need to leave. I don't know could be that am reading too much into it. One thing I do know is someone a lot wiser than me said it best when he said "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven."

2 comments:

Jeremiah Jacob Brown said...

Bill, WOW!!! What a powerful post. I would like you to know that you and Susan are such great friends and Cyndi and I look up to you guys! Thank you so much for your friendship and the years of friendship to come.

By the way, I would love to get you and your wife on a missions trip sometime and if that doesn't work out soon, was wondering if you'd be interested on another cruise in 2009?

Talk to you soon.

Andy Gill said...

Did someone say cruise in 2009? I think I will need a break right about that time! I am thinking Eastern Carribean Islands! We miss you Browns! And coming from a young person, there is no way you guys let any of us (Miranda and I) down! You guys are the coolest! If I am half as cool as you guys when I am your age (not saying your old... **Cough Cough**) then I will be happy! :)

AG