Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Survived TS Hannah, Can I Survive my Fantasy Football League?



Well, TS Hannah didn't amount to much here in the local area. I guess downtown show some minor flooding, but they usually do when any good rainshower comes through the area. Around 1am as the storm was about as close to the area as it was going to get, it did wake me up a couple of times when I heard the wind blow the rain onto the window kinda hard. Hurricane Ike is going through Cuba and into the Gulf of Mexico today. Looks like it might stay south of New Orleans and hit into the Texas coast line north of Brownsville. No more tropical storms are on the map so hopefully we will have nice weekend.

It has been a few weeks since we have been able to get the boat out on the water and Susan and I are really looking forward to it. Sassy hasn't said anything but I suspect she is looking forward to it as well.

How many of you out there get into fantasy sports, well am not a serious geek about it, but I enjoy getting into acouple with the guys at work (no money involved, just bragging rights and fun BS'ing) I have Fantasy Baseball team and am currently in 1st place with over 6,000 points and Susan is right behind with about 5,700 pts. I have about 1,200 pt lead on the 3rd place team and we only have 3 weeks left in the season. Most of the same crowd that is in the baseball league also has a fantasy football team. The 1st week is done and am 1-0 with 8 other people including Susan. We have alot of fun with these things and unlike most people we don't sink alot of time into it, but we enjoy the fun of poking at someone that didn't get as many points as ourselves... that is until it is us that aren't getting the points we need.

Fall baseball starts tonght and I have a game to umpire. Buddy Carter who assigns the games to us umpire has once again put me with someone new. Buddy likes to do that cause I have been umpiring for 16 yrs. For the most part I don't mind, I wish someone had taken the time to show me how to umpire those 1st couple of years, maybe I would have take alot less grief than I did if someone had been there for me. So I figure if I can give someone a few lessons that helps them out it makes it alittle easier on them and the kids hopefully will get a better official. That is if I have learned anything over the last 16yrs. I figure if I can make HALF the crowd happy HALF the time then I am doing good. I will say this about umpiring some of my best games I have done are the ones that no one even knows am on the field.

No comments: